The Cherry On The Cake!
I love cherries, when they are so ripe and in season they literally line the grocery stores! So it is pretty cool when you find out how good they are for your body! They have a short season but when they are available and ready to eat, this is why you should take advantage of this sweet fruit:
- Cherries contain powerful antioxidants (called anthocyanin and cyanidin if you were remotely interested!)
- Cherries can reduce inflammation and I talk a lot about how important I believe that is.
- As cherries contain melatonin they not only help you sleep but they also reduce the amount of oxidative stress in your body (an imbalance in your body where the free radicals, nasty little critters, are not being neutralised by our antioxidants).
- Cherries contain anti-inflammatory compounds which can relieve pain (really good for arthritis sufferers) and help with total body health.
- Athletes are using tart cherry juice in order to reduce pain after exercise due to cherries antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
So, there you go, another amazing natural little dude! Pop a cherry or two and see if it can help you!