Peppermint Tea - Not Just For Health Nuts & Grandmas!
Peppermint tea, a herbal tea enjoyed around the world with wild benefits that you may be interested to hear more about. The flavour is appealing, it is extremely refreshing and it smells good too. But these are not the benefits I am talking about. Whether you add your own mint leaves to water or buy a peppermint tea from the local supermarket the 10 points below cannot fail to impress!
- Peppermint tea improves digestion, for thousands of years peppermint has been used to help digestive and gastrointestinal problems.
- It is an analgesic so can help to reduce pain.
- It helps to eliminate inflammation, a problem with most of the population today.
- It relaxes the body and mind, its a great drink before bed.
- Its antibacterial properties and mint aroma help with bad breathe.
- It can help to reduce your appetite and therefore aid weight loss.
- Its antibacterial properties help to boost your immune system.
- It has antispasmodic properties helping to reduce the chances of vomiting or nausea.
- It can help with respiratory problems and relieving a cough or cold.
- It is a natural sedative and in addition to the menthol component it can be effective at reducing stress levels.
Try switching just one cup of tea or coffee a day for a peppermint tea, maybe try one before bed. I bet you notice the difference!